Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor from a Mother's Perspective

Following the trend from Whim, I feel the desire to express my "Labor" in honor of Labor Day.

How long was my "labor"?
I started noticing contractions about 6:30 am and took a bath. I was at the hospital by 9:30 am. And Abi was born at 11:06 am. So what does that equate to- about 5.5 hours.

How did I know I was in "labor"?
I knew I was in labor because I had lost my mucus plug the night before. Also I was very positive when I woke up and took a bath to ease the pain that it was labor. I just knew.

Where did I deliver?
Hospital

Drugs?
Nope

C-Sections?
Nope

Who delivered?
Well the PA I had early in the pregnancy ended up delivering Abi. Funny this is I didn't like this doctor for my prenatal care and changed to my Personal Physician, and he went skiing the week we had Abi.

How long was I pregnant?
5 days before 40 weeks.

What will the next one hold?
Well shall see....

2 comments:

Kim N said...

That is great that you had such a short first labor. I heard all the time that first time labors was so long and drawn out and I was surprised when mine wasn't.

It has been unexpected to me that all four of mine have been so different. I thought they would kind of follow a pattern or something.

Amanda Collins said...

You know I was surprised too. I knew my mother's were short, but I didn't fully understand that. I am actually more afraid for the next child.