Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Phishing


Do you love to fish? I do. But how does the fish feel about you fishing? If I was a fish, I wouldn't like you fishing in my pond....

That's how I feel about phishing attempts. People are out there preying on me while I am trying to further my family in life and they have the gal to ruin that for me! I mean come on! Why would someone feel so desperate for money that they spend their time and money looking for people to catch on their spiny hooks?

I got an email to my Craigslist posting asking for someone to pay me to run their errands. This is the email-
Your Ref: 3918/04/TF-ATW

Toshiba Handle Company©: Introduces the position of offshore financial manager, you being our offshore manager your Responsibility is to process
payments from customers and clients.You do not need to travel to meet our client or Customer as all payment will be delivered to you at home.

The requirements for the candidates are:

-Being energetic, responsible, honest and industrious
-Being Between 19-90 years old
-Having a few (1-2 hrs a day) to check your email
-Having a phone, (home and mobile)
-Having an email

Once you are able to attribute yourself and meet all the above listed requirements, you should probably then apply for our offered position. Our
company remains the most successful distributor of power equipments manufactured by Toshiba. Recently, our company's profit has increased so
much, thus, we decided to expand into the markets of United Kingdom and Africa. Your duties as offshore financial manager will be to receive
payments through various means from the customer in the nearest Region. The employee will process the payment and send the money via Western
Union to one of our regional trade missions or our partner regional branches around the world.

There are 2 means which you can receive payment from our client.

1. By check.
2. Wells Fargo Bank
You are expected to deduct 10% for your income and wire the the remaining balance of the money to the location we would make available to you.
(YOU COULD EARNED UP TO $900 usd a WEEK OR MORE) It's real and legit and we have our own way of verifying information given to us to
ascertain if it's genuine or otherwise. We also have security agents working with us in collaboration with the FBI, Scotland Yard and INTERPOL just
in case you turn out to be a cheat.
NOTE: ALL CHARGES BY WESTERN UNION WILL BE HANDLED BY TOSHIBA HANDLE, so when sending via western union, fees will be
taken from total sum processed by you. Further details regarding to the employment form and confirmation will be entertained via our personal email
address. Kindly get back to us with the following information if you are interested in working with us.

1.) First Name:
2.) SurName:
3.) Address:
4,) City:
5.) State:
6.) Zip code:
7.) Mobile Phone Number:
8.) Cells Phone Number:
9.) Gender:
10.) Status:
11.) Age:
12.) Present Job:

Toshiba Handle Company©
Computer Systems Division
9740 Irvine Boulevard
Irvine, CA 92618.
Email: toshibahandle1@yahoo.com

Web content for all Toshiba Handle Company© : http://www.toshiba.com

What would you think after reading this email? I, at first, was a little skeptical, but not enough so that I recognized it for what it was. Then little feelings started altering my opinion. So i clicked on the link provided. Looked at Toshiba's site for job listings. Nothing really there. But I still felt it was odd. Turning to my all knowing husband, I asked what he knew of the "company name". (He's in Minneapolis) Next, I turned to great Google. This is what I found.

http://www.scamfraudalert.com/f37/looking-rep-www-toshiba-com-john-luke-7057/
http://www.scamfraudalert.com/f37/toshiba-handle-company-account-receivable-payment-agent-position-13689/

Oh what a life saver Google is! I promptly proceeded to send off an email to the jerk phishers and said I am not interested. The email is now in my junk box.

All I want is to earn a little money! Why does have to be so dog-gone difficult? I AM NOT A MULE!!!

3 comments:

LaShaunna said...

I am soo glad you didn't respond and get into that!! If something sounds to good to be true you can bet money on it that it isn't!

Anonymous said...

Funny that address is like just a couple blocks from my house... too bad it is not the address of the phisher, I could go express how you feel to the person.

Amanda Collins said...

Oh really. That would be totally hilarious actually. My husband, Chad, would probably jump on that opportunity in an instant.