Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Who let the dog out?!

Chickens are in my yard. Dog is in my yard. Cat is in my yard. Is this a recipe for a disaster or what? Last night while going to bed, I heard the normal clucking of my six hens. Thinking they were a little louder than I remember, but knowing I had latched the coop I didn't think much about it. This is where I have concluded all my troubles began.
Fast forward to this morning, about 7:30. My normal wake up alarm is the dog. I got up and took her to the back door and let her out. Next I went the bathroom. Hearing the noises coming from my back door were abnormal screeching. At first it didn't click with me what was happening. But then the light went on and I ran from the bathroom in my underwear. I flung open the back door and yelled in earnest at the dog. "Tikanni! Inside now!"
The sandbox of my back yard is dusted with white feathers. One bird is dead. One is missing a lot of feathers. And possibly another is injured seriously. What do you do with a four month old chicken anyway?

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

My daughters would love us to have so many animals as you do. I guess a little excitement must come with it. Thanks for stopping by :)