Saturday, September 6, 2008

Humor in Line

This conversation happened at the local grocery store- Winco, tonight.
Checker: " I hope you got all the item numbers on these bulk foods."
Me: "I believe I did."
Then I thought, well shoot, I wonder if I did miss them.
Checker: "Well, you miss this one."
Me: "Well shoot..."
I smile a bit embarrassed... laugh, look at it...look at the cart...
me: "I think its cloves. Oh wait... maybe not... let me smell it."
Checker looks at me funny and hands me the little bag.
I smell it and say
"No its Allspice."
The guy behind me says "When in doubt Allspice!"

2 comments:

Brett Nordquist said...

Ha! That's some quick thinking. Sorry for sending Chad out of town last week. When's he going to start a blog so I can hassle him?

Amanda Collins said...

Yeah, I don't come up with comments like the gentleman behind me in line, but man I do appreciate them. As for a blog for Chad, no idea. Sending him out of town wasn't that bad. It was funny when he gave me the news. When you called him, I made the statement that when the boss calls late at night, its never a good thing. The first thing he said after he hung up was "You're not gonna like this." But what can I do anyway? I am just grateful he is trusted to do his job well. He really likes what he does so that makes me happy.