Saturday, August 16, 2008

Certifiably Insane

To satisfy my need for heels, today I found a wonderful deal on a pair of bronze stappy high heels. They were originally $60 and I got them for $15. They are very pretty and I love them. Back in June, I ordered myself a pair of stap sandles with cork wedge heel. They ended up being to small so I exchanged those for a pair of ballet flats in cherry red patent leather. They are so pretty. I have always wanted a red shoe. I wanted a red heel, but these will do.

Okay, I am certifiably inane! I mentioned today, to Chad, that I missed having birds. We used to have finches and I loved them. Well, I left this evening to run some errands (involving shoes) and when I returned he was on his way to go get a free bird cage. Well its free and I can't say no, right? We get the cage. Now we have an empty cage. Can't have that, can we? No that won't do. Off to Petco we go. We left with two Parakeets. They are cute. My daughter is so delighted by them as well. She loves birds. (Okay, what doesn't she like?)
So our list of pets is, 1 dog, 5 cats, 3 fish tanks, 6 chickens, 2 parakeets.... okay that's it.... for now. My mom wasn't happy about the parakeet additions. But oh well. Yeah, it was really funny how I told her too. I was saying "I went to target and got detergent, razors, Pedegg, christmas present for Brianne. We got two parakeets. I bought a red pair of shoes and a pair of tennis shoes for abi." It took her a moment. My tatically placed information had to be processed. When it finally clicked, she was saying "What? WHY??" I told her I missed the birds. She proceeded to tell me I had too many pets. And maybe I do, but who's to decided that? As long as they are being taken care of properly its okay right? And Abigale will be well rounded. Okay, I am arguing my insanity, for which there is no explanation.

No comments: