Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Real Ancient Chinese Secret

I just wanted to let the world know I have the truth about Ancient Chinese torture. What is that secret you may ask. Well then I would have to kill you wouldn't I? Or is it that it would kill you? Whatever the case, I am just going to tell you. The secret is make a person have a itch that never stops and increases in intensity through the slightest touch. Some may understand what I am talking about, and some are probably thinking I am totally crazy.
If I have an itch scratch it right? What if you can't? Then what? And what if you do and it's like putting oil on a fire? What is the solution then? For those who know what an allergic itch is like, you totally comprehend this description.
As of the last year or so, I have developed a sun allergy (my diagnosis may I add). Beginning when the sun starts to emerge in about April or so, I have to be extra careful with my skin. The most minuscule of moments out in the sun send my skin into a frenzy of itch. The best way I can describe it is tiny bugs walking on your skin and stinging as they go. The more that you scratch the faster they go.
Today, after church, I sat at my computer and made the mistake of actually rubbing a portion of my back (I got sun exposure on my back Friday and I can't stop itching since). The itch progressed quickly and I was practically hyperventilating while rocking back and forth crying. I have contained the itch now. I got it under control with a wet towel. Though it does still itch, I at least am not in full panic attacks.
I know this will pass. The trick is keeping my sanity in tact in the process. Hopefully I can go see the doctor soon and get something that will prevent these reactions to the sun.
So if anyone asks- The itch you can't scratch may not kill, but it feels like should!

No comments: