Sunday, July 27, 2008

Poem: Remembering

I don't know how many know it, but I love poetry. I really enjoy writing in general, but when a poem is emerging from my mind, it gives me great joy. So I thought I would share that with my readers.
This poem I wrote one night when I was thinking about my husband being away.
Remembering
I see your face when I wake
It's lingering from a dream
Smiling, grinning as you do
It moves something deep within my soul
And makes me want you
Though I can't
I have you
But I don't
You're far away
Distant, though I feel you close
I feel your love from afar
Doing what you do, for us
Leaving like you do, for us
It's made us closer
Distance makes the heart grow fonder
Right?
At times I wonder
Then I remember your face
You love me
Though I have you
I don't
Not today, Not tonight
But I will,
Your face in my dreams reminds me of that.

No comments: