Friday, July 25, 2008

Catch up!

It has been awhile since I have made a post; it is way past due. I have spent my days taking Chad to the airport, picking up Chad from the airport and entertaining my daughter. The days are long when Chad is at work. Since the end of May he has been in Orlando, NY, Houston and LA. Now is he is in Seattle staying at the Sheraton until August 1st. I can't complain though. He was home for Father's day and my birthday. He got the fourth off while in Houston too.
The stomach pains that were mentioned back in the beginning of May have since vanished. We have no idea why it started or stopped. But I am delighted to have them gone. Although I wish i knew the source.
I have been spending my time with my new friend from church Lashaunna. Last night, desperate for a day of alone time with her husband, she dropped off her three kids at my place. That was a lot of fun and a great experiment of my juggling skills. While trying to maintain peace in my house among her three year old daughter, Emma, and Abigale, I was also cooking dinner. To add to that I was attempting to find a safe place for her four month old son Daniel, out of arms reach of my daughter mainly.
After the initial transition time passed, and dinner was served to my family, we watched a movie, Charolette's Web (the cartoon). After that was over, and Daniel was fed, I grabbed a blanket and pacifier for the baby and we took the pack out side. I have a small house and everyone was a little crammed. Once outside, we walked through the garden. Noah (6) and Emma (3), got to see my step father's and my chickens. Emma wasn't so sure about her wellbeing around the chickens, though they were caged. My father held her so she could be carried around the garden and coop area.
I have been in a total culinary kick lately. My dinners have been very inventive in recent days. Raspberry Custard, Marinera Baked Chicken, garilic noodle and sauteed vegetables are among my new attempted dishes. I always get a bit bake obsessive when Chad is gone.
Today, LaShaunna and I are taking the kids to the lake. I have to go run a few errands in the meantime... along with needing to spend a great amount of time cleaning. I hate to clean. Though it does make me feel good when it is done. I love a clean, organized house. Modivation to do so, well, that's another story.
I better sign out now.

No comments: