Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Overcoming stress

Well today has been great fun. I got sick this weekend and lost my voice almost completely. I will testify that I firmly believe that kids take advantage of the fact you don't feel well. My daughter and puppy have been making my days very stressful. With a toddler starting to throw tantrums and a puppy biting and not potty training, I am feeling overwhelmed.
Chad is out of town right now. He's in Las Vegas- His favorite place in the world. (If you can't detect it, that was typed with the great amount of sarcasm I could muster.) Although I miss him greatly, I have to admit, this trip as seemed easier and gone by faster than past shows. I believe it has to do with the fact that I have lots to keep me busy. The friends I have made in my new ward really keep me company and give me things to do outside of the house and our normal day to day routines. Also, I have the cats, a puppy and a toddler.
Speaking of cats: I had to take Kami to the vet today. I had to pay $25 for the office visit, $12 for an anal gland squeeze, $15 for him to swab his ears and look through the microscope to say he had no ear mites.... finally, there was the antibiotics. I initally took him in because i picked him up and fluid was coming out of his rectum. Well that worried me because my mother's kitten died in our home just a few weeks ago from an incurable disease. Basically the vet said that the fluid was probably the anal gland. And the antibiotics was for a high temputerature indicating an infection that he wasn't sure why it was there. So $65 later, and a cat that really could have been okay with out the money and time spent. Oh well, better safe than sorry right?
So I hate dishes... and they are taunting me from the sick of my kitchen. Saying, "you have no silverware. Nor do you have a clean spot on the counter, stove or table to set anything anymore! You need to CLEAN ME!!!" But I don't want to. I want to go sleep. A nice half hour nap sounds so appealling. Actually maybe I'll go try that. I think Abigale fell asleep. I put her in her room to "take a break". We take breaks when we aren't listening or throwing tantrums.
I am excited about this new blog! It feels good to just type. Believe it or not, I really enjoy typing. It gives me an outlet to my day. Thank you for reading and sharing my days.

No comments: